maandag 9 april 2012

April 7th | The Moscow Adventure

Saturdaymorning, 7.30 AM ... I picked up my dj and we went to Brussels Airport ( Zaventem )

Arrived at the airport around 9.00 AM, we started our day there with a nice coffee at our friends from Starbucks. That's a good way to start your day. Next thing : CHECK IN !

For once we had plenty of time ( not common for me ) so all good. Also for once I had all the documents ( thanks to our agency Studio No.98 bookings ) so this part was all taken care of.

The plane was in time and at 12.00 we were on it's way to Moscow. My dj already went once ( for putting down a house set ) but for me, it was the first time. I had no idea what to expect. I've heard lots of good things, but it's always a question if it will turn out that way ...

At about 5 PM we arrived in a snowy Sheremetyevo Airport. I was pretty cold for Dutch standards, and I didn't really had any winterclothes but I could not complain. Because of the many traffic jams, our pick up was a bit late but that was no problem. We had free wifi at the airport. We picked up by Pasha ( dj Nail ) and his girl Olga. The first we've noticed, is that the cars looked really dirty! Plus the many, many cars. How much cars can a city have ? Because of that many cars, the 40 km drive turned out to be almost 2 hours to our hotel, the Katarina City Hotel. The hotel was definitely not bad. In room 204 we unpacked our bags and most important, our Macbooks. ( because again, we had free wifi ! )

At around 8 PM we were picked up by Kirill and his wife Natasha. We drove to a restaurant named 'Korchma', a restaurant were they serve Oekraine dishes. At the restaurant we also met Kelly ( Evil Activities ) and his MC, rapper E-Life, plus their driver/guide Julia.

Dinner was pretty good, especially the potatoes ... As apetizer we also ate some specialty, which name I forgot.  The 'pancakes' were really good, but the red caviar was not really my thing. Pretty salty.

At 11 PM we left the restaurant and went back to the hotel for a quick refreshment, a change of clothes and to pick up our music. We were all set!

At about 12 AM we arrived at the club ( called Graf ... ) it was a pretty cool club, who from the inside looked a bit like the Paradiso in Amsterdam, with a balcony. As soon as we came in, people start shaking hands so we got a warm welcome. This could turn out to be a very good gig!

Once backstage we had to sign stuff and take pictures. The JE Crew boys ( organisation ) were very nice and also the many dj's backstage were really nice. At 1 AM it was time to rock.

We started with 'Your Smile' ( Viper Remix ) and the tone was set. This was set to be not a great night, but an epic night! We kicked in some happy hardcore tunes, and lot's of early hardcore tracks. The people sang along with all our songs and the other happy tunes, it was freaking awesome. They danced their asses off! Much respect, cause this is the way it should be!

At the middle of our set, we had small pause to see if they were still awake. And they were! It was time for the greatest happy hardcore song out there ( Wonderfull Days by Mental Theo and Lownoise ) EPIC! After this track people pointed at me for doing a crowdsurf, and so I did! It was awesome! I had never done it before. It felt great! Almost at the end of our set I did it again. Our set went good, we were satisfied and seeing the people dance that much and giving us such good feedback tells me they were satisfied too.

After our set it was time for Kelly and Elvis ( Evil Activities and E-Life ) to rock the house! And they did ... BIGTIME! What energy they gave! My dj and I went into the audience, and at that point it was picture and autograph time ... I hadn't wrote autographs like this when I was still performing in the 90's .. Good feeling though ...

We were in the club till around 5, and in the hotel Kelly, Bruce and I went for an after in the hotel lobby. Just a good chat about music, and something to eat. After a check at the menu, we all went for the Alex Bar Burger ( not too good at 6 in the morning but okay ) An hour later we went to bed.

Five hours later I was awake again. It was time to see some of Moscows beauty! We couldn't leave without seeing the famous Red Square right .. ? As a real tourist with big camera I took pictures from some very nice looking buildings our guide Dasha showed us. Afterwards we went for a nice lunch at a TGI Fridays. After that we went down to the hotel with the subway. There we were picked up and after a hour ride we were at Sheremetyevo Airport again. Our Moscow adventure was over.

I hope we get the chance to perform here again, because it was really wicked. One of the BEST gigs ever! Thanks to JE CREW ( Dj Nail, Yury and all others), and OZZO Promo ( Stanislav ), Kirill & Natasha and last but not least Dasha and brother. This was one awesome experience! Till next time ! ( pictures will follow )

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten